Thursday, October 11, 2012

Accentuate the Positive

Heard some good news today when we met with the doctor.  The results of the CT and PET scans showed that the cancer is not lower than my chest, which puts it at Stage II.  Because of that, I will only have to go through 12 treatments of chemo instead of the possible 16.  Whew!  So that knocks 2 months off of what could have been.

I also had my port inserted today.  Again down to B1 we went, and I was thinking that it would be in the same place I had my biopsy.  I had 2 great nurses help me when I had the biopsy, and I was hoping that I would see them again.  Sure enough - I did!  They recognized me and doted on me a little.  It helped me relax.  The IV went in fine (after I drank lots of water last night and psyched myself up this morning), and the procedure went fine, too.

It's a weird thing - that port.  It's completely under my skin and has 3 little "bumps" on it that can be located under the skin.  Right in the middle of the bumps is where they will aim the injection when they administer the chemo.  They also can draw blood from this port.  So no pokes for this girl for at least 6 months!

This weekend Chris comes in.  I'm looking forward to a "last hurrah" of sorts.  Just hanging out and having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy! I had a friend who ran a marathon with her port in place.... up to the challenge?!?! LOL

    With you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete