Sunday, May 12, 2013

On to Radiation and Other Updates

We met with the radiation doctor on Thursday.  Before we saw her, we had to watch a short video about what to expect with radiation.  At one point, Stein said, "Are they trying to sell us on radiation?"  It almost seemed like it at some points in the video.  A lot of the people whom they interviewed were saying things like, "I'm so glad that I'm having this done to get rid of the cancer." Or, "It was really nothing, I just went to work right after the treatment."

The doctor told us that I will be having 17 or more treatments, not the 15 that she predicted before.  That was a little surprising and disappointing.  We had in our minds 15 treatments, or 3 weeks from start to finish.  Now we're talking more like 4 weeks.

Although I never felt terrible during chemo, I am beginning to feel more like myself.  During chemo I would be winded after going upstairs or up hills.  Now I feel like I have more energy.  I still go to bed at 9 or 10 every night, but that's pretty normal for me, with or without chemo.

My hair is growing back now, too.  It has filled in nicely in the back and sides, but the top still needs to fill in.  I think a couple more weeks of wearing hats (I've switched to baseball-type hats rather than the knit ones) and then I'll be done. 

Happy Spring to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment