Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Waiting Game

Still waiting to hear results.  I did hear the results of the PET scan I had, and they weren't what we had been hoping.  The chemo has shrunk the tumor by 80%, but this scan was pretty similar to the one taken before it.  My doctor is pretty confident that radiation will take care of the remaining 20%.  However, in the meantime, he wanted me to have a needle biopsy to see if the remaining 20% has any active cancer cells.  If there are any active cancer cells then I may need to have more chemo (a different kind than I had before) and if there are no active cells, then I will just go on to radiation.

I just want to be done.  I want this all over, lesson learned, go on with living my life without tests, scans, and doctor's appointments.  I want my port taken out, I want to see my hair grow back in whatever color and texture it will be.  I want to enjoy the warm weather of spring and summer without being inside hospital buildings.

I know this is just a bump in the road, something that I will get over just as I got over all the bumps before.  And I continue to see how lucky I am, from the little side effects I had, the good prognosis, and the wonderful support I have received. 

I'll keep you posted.  I hope you're enjoying spring wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment